Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Friday

Project: One Bed for Three (Part 4)

Today I began making the bed linens. Firstly I wanted to make some fitted sheets and pillows and began by selecting a pretty lightweight cotton.


After cutting my pieces to size, I made the pillow cases. Then rather than making the fitted sheet like one would for a real bed, I simply drew around a glass to curve the corners. 


I turned over approximately 1cm around the outside and ironed it down, before stitching it to make a casing for the elastic. Then I inserted 5mm elastic and pulled it up so it fitted nicely over the mattress.


I tossed up the idea of making flat sheets with blankets or duvets. I settled on the duvets.


This photo was taken before I added the decals, so you'll deduce I didn't do everything in the order as posted. Also, thanks again to Jodi, I shall be using Tacky Wax to hold the duvets in position when I take my next lot of photos.