I felt Heather's apartment needed more furniture and after seeing these Peacock Panels over at Lorraine's website, I knew exactly what I wanted to make for the apartment next.
I purchased three panels, and a can of Rust-Oleum® Gold Glitter from Amazon. Once everything had arrived, I gave the panels a quick base coat, then sprayed them with several coats of gold glitter.
Here's a close up of the gold, but I must add they look much better in real life than these mediocre camera photos. The glitter is really shiny and makes a wonderful contrast with the black, of course it would also look lovely with the regal purple Heather's furniture is upholstered in.
I have yet to decide how I am going to mount these. In the beginning I was thinking of using black foam core, but decided against it as I don't like the cut edges. Then painted MDF and piano hinges came to mind, but attaching the hinges might be a problem. Perhaps I will simply use a heavy card instead . . . I wonder what colours can be had?


