Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Saturday

Project: An Art Deco Screen (Part 1)

I felt Heather's apartment needed more furniture and after seeing these Peacock Panels over at Lorraine's website, I knew exactly what I wanted to make for the apartment next.


I purchased three panels, and a can of Rust-Oleum® Gold Glitter from Amazon. Once everything had arrived, I gave the panels a quick base coat, then sprayed them with several coats of gold glitter.


Here's a close up of the gold, but I must add they look much better in real life than these mediocre camera photos. The glitter is really shiny and makes a wonderful contrast with the black, of course it would also look lovely with the regal purple Heather's furniture is upholstered in.


I have yet to decide how I am going to mount these. In the beginning I was thinking of using black foam core, but decided against it as I don't like the cut edges. Then painted MDF and piano hinges came to mind, but attaching the hinges might be a problem. Perhaps I will simply use a heavy card instead . . . I wonder what colours can be had?

6 comments:

  1. They look great. How about wine red? It would look nice with the gold, and dark red card should be available, at least here it's not a rare color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia. Initially I was going to brush paint them gold, but using spray was much better because they were so intricate. Wine would look lovely, but I have to keep the colours already in the apartment in mind.

      Delete
  2. So elegant, Sandi! I just love the gold sparkly finish you chose! I am excited to see what creative solution you settled on for the mounting. Seeing this has me craving a fancy project, but I am knee deep in treehouse, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi. I haven't had a chance to go any further yet as I have been busy with dressmaking for the kids. Isn't that always the way, so many things dancing around the brain that we simply cannot complete everything we'd like to. 🥰

      Delete
  3. Awww, so lovely! I love the contrast between sparkling gold and matte black. Heather will be overjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiriann, I had fun making it. I'm sure she will. 😘

      Delete