Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Sunday

Project: One Bed for Three (Part 2)

After hubby cut all the MDF pieces for me I began assembling the bed trundle and bunks. Once again his tools came in handy to keep things squarely in place while the glue dried.


In the meantime I ordered these lovely decals from Amazon to decorate the bed once it has been painted. They are tiny, come in a set of ten different sheets and are perfect for decorating doll furniture.


All three pieces assembled, glued and ready for sanding.


The bunk bed ends cut, sanded and ready to be attached.


When I glued the the first bed end to the bunk beds,  I used clamps to hold everything in place until the glue set, before adding the second bed end.


All assembled and ready for painting. I debated between painting the beds white or grey, and finally settled on white. I thought the decals would be more clearly noticeable against a lighter background.


After painting and adding the decals.


Next project on the agenda is the bedding and before anyone asks, there is a ladder coming for the bunk.

4 comments:

  1. This bed looks beautiful and I'm sure it will be very comfy! Your girls will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiriann, still mattress & bedding to come, but I think they will be happy enough. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! They are so perfectly designed, cut, painted and adorned! Can't wait to see what you've come up with for the beds and bedding, and I better add this blog to my blog roll because I missed the last two posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi for your kind comments and for adding me to your blog roll. I think went a bit overboard with the decals, but once I started I couldn't stop.

      Delete