Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Thursday

Project: One Bed for Three (Part 1)

Fitting three little kids into one small 1:6 scale bedroom where space was at a premium was really going to challenge my brain.

That is until I saw the large Badger Basket Trundle Doll Bunk Bed designed for dolls up to 20 inches, on the Badger Basket website.

Of course that bed would be far too big for my kids, hell, even a 1:6 scale bed is going to take up a whole heap of room. However, if I went a little smaller it wouldn't be so bad, and let's face it, these kids are hardly what you would call tall!

Speaking of tall, I realised this bed would need to be exactly that if I was going to fit their fat little heads under a bunk. I think I'm going to have to pull a Jodi and be a little creative with the size of this bed. 

Okay here's where I'm at ~ I've decided it will be 27cm long by 14 cm wide and 27 cm tall.


The next step was to make the head and foot template for hubby to use to cut the MDF.

8 comments:

  1. If I didn't already have such a lot of furniture I would try this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too much furniture Mia. You're welcome. 😘

      Delete
  2. Oooh it looks like a great plan! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jodi, now it's done there are a few tweaks I'd like to make, but isn't that the way of things? 😄

      Delete
  3. It's great to be able to make things for yourself when manufacturers don't fulfill all of your dolly needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just happy I have a hubby who helps when the need arises Barb. Too often we all come across items that we'd love for our dolls and wish they were in the right scale. However, we can always use them for inspiration. 😘

      Delete
  4. This is a great idea and reminds me of the bed my grandmother (father's side) had in the guest house. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina, it's really a very simple project to do and could easily be made in different scale if you want to give it a try. 😘

      Delete