Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Wednesday

Project: 1:6 Scale Art Deco Credenza (Part 2)

The assembly of the credenza is pretty simple. After the holes were drilled in three of the four pieces, I glued two of them together and allowed them to dry.


Then I glued the fourteen dowels, which had been cut 100mm long, in the double base before gluing on the top with the holes. Adding the top can be a little frustrating, because aligning all the dowels is a tad difficult to do with out swearing.


Once this was dry I added the other top without any holes. This is when it dawned upon me, I needed to cut two more panels. One for the front to go in between the top and bottom and one for the back to cover it completely.


After adding the front panel, I glued the ribbon onto the corrugated card, then attached it to the frame. The back cover was added last, this will keep the unit square and stop any racking.


All finished with knobs attached, top painted and trimmed, adorned with appropriate tableware. I guess a dining table with chairs will be required  next.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece and so cleverly designed! You and the hubs have again made a great team, and I am not surprised at all that the girls are beginning to ask for more pieces. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jodi, I appreciate your kind words. Yes, he's become a real team member now and I don't know how I'd manage without him. :)

      Delete
  2. Great step-by-step instruction. And the final effect is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna, I am pleased you think so. I really enjoyed making it, new designs are always fun.

      Delete