Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Thursday

Today's Arrival

Much to my surprise my Monst doll arrived this morning, 20 days ahead of it's predicted date.



Apart from the name on the front of the box, this was the only thing written in English. Reading "Inedible" under the precautions made me laugh.


Inside the box was the doll in a plastic cocoon and another box which contained her clothes. Simple packaging which kept her safe during her travels.


Her hair was soft, but really quite messy, though I think given a little time it will settle down. It's a very pretty shade of red, almost as burgundy as her socks, but not quite.


Her clothes are quaint, but having that dreaded Velcro I fear they will all stay in their box. I will use the socks though, they fit her perfectly and cover her knees.


I have given her the name Primrose which is in keeping with my other "Non Specific" dolls Petunia & Magnolia and my "IxDoll" beauties Violetta & Marigold.


I do love the body on this doll, so many joints and stable ones at that. She can sit beautifully with her legs together and her head can be moved up and down as well as side to side. When I have redressed her I'll share more pics.

For a full review of these dolls, pop on over to Emily's blog, she does it better than anyone I know on the net!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on Primrose! Happy to have inspired you to get another one of these lovely girls. I hope you are happy with her, even if she's inedible.... ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia. :) Yes, I'm very happy with her and have decided to purchase the bodies for my other dolls so they will be more fun to play with.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Thanks Linda, I think so too. Not sure how I'll dress her yet, sometimes I need to look at a doll for a few days before deciding what suits her best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, she is so cute! Now I want to see her in new outfit :)! I love the articulation, Primrose looks very flexible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chiriann, for an inexpensive doll her articulation is superb. I want to change my other Monst to the same body now. Still nothing on the dress, but I will post pics when I've dressed her. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello! She is adorable! I have seen these on the net and wondered a bit about them, so the link to Emily's blog was a great way to find out more. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun little dolls which are not very expensive, so I think they will become popular additions to most doll collections.

      Delete
  5. I think... I think I need one... xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you definitely do! But why just stop at one?? LOL!

      Delete
  6. This is the other doll from the line i had been looking at. She has such a lovely shade of hair and her face is very sweet. I do love how poseable these dolls are and they have a good weight to them too. You have two of them now. Will you get another?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have three if you look at the one with white hair, she was on the original body, but I have put her on the new body now. I am also putting my IxDolls on the Monst body, so I'll eventually have 5 if you count the hybrids. :)

      Delete
  7. Pimrose me parece adorable 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilona, she is a sweetie and I adore her.

      Delete