Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Monday

Project: 1:6 Scale Island Bench (Part 2)

Well a lot's happened since I last posted. I have almost finished the island bench, along with all the other pieces for the kitchen. As I already had the soft grey marble floor I chose to paint the kitchen using Porter's Paints Eggshell Finish in Dusty Mule & Baby Doll.


Looking at the photos of the island bench you may think it's all done, but I still need to give the top a marble or granite finish . . . can't decide which yet. The top photo is where the stools will sit, the one below shows the bookshelf side.


The refrigerator is finished and so is the oven with it's induction top. Mind you, the painting leaves a lot to be desired, my hands are not as steady as they used to be. Every time I tried painting the black handles, I managed to get it on the pink/grey, then when I tried to touch up the pink/grey, I managed to get it on the black handles . . . very frustrating!



I still need to tile the backsplash, but I am waiting on supplies. I have also ordered another bench, as the kitchen needs more bench space and I'm hoping it will sit nicely under the window.


Hatsuko cannot wait for it to be all done and is already making herself at home. She found the coffee but cannot find the kettle nor the cups!

9 comments:

  1. The grey and pink looks very nice together. Hatsuko is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia, I still cannot make up my mind about the bench tops though. I'll probably wait until the tiles arrive for the backsplash and then decide what will look best.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Thanks Linda. I wanted the kitchen to look a little bit feminine and thought the combination would suit. If I'd have taken the time to THINK I would have left the handles to put on AFTER I had painted them. Once again the result of impatience. I think this will be part of Hatsuko's world, as the size is perfect for her.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is coming along nicely, and Hatsuko looks very happy there. One tip Mr. BTEG gave to me about painting with shaky hands is keeping your elbows tightly to your sides while working. I have always had shaky hands. My husband, my daughter and some of their friends paint gaming miniatures that are about 28-32 mm in height, with details and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, and hubby too for the tip, I'll keep that in mind next time. :) I think I'll give gaming miniatures a miss, my eyesight is almost as bad as my hands. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Hello! It is looking very nice and cute. And I agree with Barb, my hands can be shaky too at times, so her tip is very good. Sometimes I even hold the things nearby with elbows to the side and hands/under arms to my chest. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see the steps of making the kitchen.

    I exactly know what you mean with painting all over again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleaded you are enjoying it Joanna. Mmm the painting is ongoing, but at least now I'm leaving the handles off until the painting is done. :)

      Delete