Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Saturday

Project: 1:6 Scale Island Bench (Part 1)

I finally began tackling my Christmas gift from 2020. There were 16 pieces used to make this island bench for my 1:6 scale kitchen.


I tried following the instructions, but found it hard to keep all the pieces together while the glue set.


So I chose to assemble it in two sections, then put the two together. It worked well.


Then I added the trim to the bench side and the shelf side before I added the top.



The final piece required to complete the unit was the base. I had to be careful so there was an even edge around the unit.


It looks pretty ordinary now and needs painting. However, as I'm not sure what colour I want for my kitchen, I shall concentrate on assembling the rest of the pieces first.

6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! Your 1/6 dolls will enjoy the home cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia. I like building this furniture, but it is quite fiddly. I'm sure they will. :)

      Delete
  2. So far, it looks really good! I like it even in this "raw", unpainted version. Good luck with the rest! I admire you for keeping everything even, it's something totally impossible for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiriann. By the time I'm finished I'm sure all of it won't be as even as this piece. I become more impatient as I progress and my attention to perfection slips by the wayside.

      Delete
  3. I've already seen the almosst finished kitchen, now it's great to see the work-in-progress posts. :)

    ReplyDelete