Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Wednesday

Project: 1:6 Scale Furniture (Part 2)

The three furniture packs which I ordered arrived very quickly, actually in three days by courier, and once again they were very well packed (twice in bubble wrap) so there was no chance of breakage.


I cannot tell you how happy I am to be dealing with an Australian company that provides such good service. The three kits only came to AU$63.80 including the shipping cost . . . I am very impressed. :)

After gluing them together, I gave them their first two coats of white paint. One tiny drawer was missing a side piece, so I emailed them. They were so apologetic and posted one to me the same day.


You can see the sofa from Part 1 in the background, still waiting for cushions. Next, I painted them all grey and ended up giving the couch another coat of grey, as the second batch of paint I mixed was slightly different to the first.


The mirrors were glued in once the painting is complete. I decided against using the provided knobs for the drawers and used pretty grey pearl beads.


Once I'd done the final sanding to give it the shabby chic look, and a good polish with a brown paper bag, I added the cushions (just noticed that one is back to front, I didn't realise the seam was showing).


The photos were taken in a hurry. You will see in their proper setting later on, when hopefully I have more time to photograph them in better light.


Just so you can see the size, here's a quick snap of my new Poppy Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment