Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Monday

Project: 1:6 Scale Furniture (Part 1)

I always have trouble finding 1:6 scale furniture, but quite by chance I came across this piece which I thought would be perfect for my smaller dolls. It's laser cut and comes as a flat pack, which you assemble and paint. The cushions are not included, you have to make them yourself. 


If you go to Fairy Meadow Miniatures website, you will find quite a few furniture kits in this size, all of which are reasonably priced at under AU$20. I thought this sofa was good value at just AU$12.95 plus shipping. I have since ordered the dressing table, chest of drawers and swing mirror.


The directions to make the sofa are really easy to follow, and there are step by step pictures included. In case you're wondering about the elastic bands on the top corners, I used them as clamps and it worked! Hubby's clamps were too big and bulky.

I did two coats of Jo Sonja Acrylic paint in Titanium White, then a top coat of grey, sanding lightly between coats. I mixed the grey colour myself by using equal parts of JoSonja's Titanium White and Folk Art's 442 Baby Blue, with a dash of 661 Metallic Sequin Black and I am really happy with the colour.


Using hubby's mouse sander, I gave the sofa the shabby chic look I was after. Now all I have to do is make the cushions . . . once I find the right material.

No comments:

Post a Comment