Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Monday

Project: Telephone Box

I came across this Telephone Box when we were in Bunnings the other day for AU$15.60 (it's actually a money box) and although it is not 1:6 scale (more like 1:12 scale), it will still work as a prop with many of my smaller dolls.


I gave it one coat of red paint, which covered it quite well, but I was not happy with the colour.


The shade of red I used was not quite bright enough, so I used a slightly brighter red when I gave it a second coat.  It was also darn fiddly trying to paint the door and windows without getting paint on the Perspex, and I ended up having to clean the Perspex with a cotton bud.


The real phone boxes had the word "TELEPHONE" painted on a white section above the door and round the sides above the windows. I thought it would be too hard to paint and have it looking neat, so I printed it on paper then glued it on when all the painting was complete.


Then I made a door handle from jewellery findings which I found in my stash.
I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and so is Truffles, a tiny elf who lives with Bon Bon and Gum Drop in a small Gingerbread House, which has no telephone.

No comments:

Post a Comment