Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Friday

Project: The Jazz Club Bar (Part 1)

In case you're wondering what I've been up to lately ~ I've been making a bar for The White Panther Jazz Club.

I designed the bar and shelves behind the bar, made a carboard template and hubby cut the pieces out of 3mm MDF for me. The bar itself is made from MDF, dowels and the same fine corrugated cardboard which I made the Club's columns from.


I still need to paint the interior of the bar, apply some touch up and gloss to the "marble" top before I can say it's finished.

Initially I thought I had enough of the Folk Art Metallic Sequin Black acrylic paint to paint the shelves too. However, as luck would have it, I didn't. Then of course when I went to order more, it took some time to find a supplier who had it in stock.

I used a mylar mirror tile at the back of the shelves and doors need to be added, though these won't be working doors. The bottles on the shelves are from eBay, and I am also waiting on wine glasses and bar accessories to arrive.

2 comments:

  1. It already looks so glamurous! I'm waiting to see the rest, it's going to jaw-dropping-in-awe experience, I'm sure of it :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind with your comments Chiriann, thank you. :) I shall take some more photos when it's completed, hopefully with some of the dolls participating in this story.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete