Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Sunday

Project: World of Enchantment (Part 1)

Today I finished my first wig. It's being modelled by a doll yet to be customised (she came with that faceup and it needs to be changed). This doll will become "Iridessa Rainbowmoon" my interpretation of a Woodlands Unicorn.

First, I made my own wig cap using the method shown here.

I used some leftover Sirdar Snuggly Crofter (Baby Fair Isle effect DK) to make her hair. Fortunately there was just the right amount to complete it.



I used a dog brush to open up the ply and create softness to the hair. Then styled it to fall back from her forehead, so I have room to add her horn.

At the same time I used up a few more leftovers to make a wig for "Florina Briarbelle" my Elemental Earth Nymph. The yarns didn't have any labels, but I know the solid green is a 2 ply Knit Picks Palette.

I typed this while waiting for the second cap to dry, so will further photos once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment