Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Thursday

Diorama Ideas

Now that I have my 1:6 scale room box, the idea of using it for the different dolls I own, makes me feel at peace with myself. For far too long I had a head full of ideas and nowhere to create them.

The "White Panther Jazz Club" almost made it when I began that blog, then again, "Fleur and Ruben" almost did too. However, having all those odd shapes of foam core which formed those dioramas constantly getting in my way, was beginning to drive me nuts! Using the room box to create both of them, as well as using it for the "Paris Apartment" and the "Kiddies Kitchen" makes sense to me. The room box walls are both reversible and interchangeable, so there will be less to store.


I asked hubby to cut me a new floor, which I will cover with the new black & white checkerboard tiles. This will serve for the Club's floor, but as it will also be reversible, I shall look for something classy to cover the other side which will suit my F&R boutique.

The furniture for these two dioramas is complete and I have begun making furniture for another room, I bet you cannot guess just by looking at this chair, what it's going to be.


I'll give you a hint, along with the walls which are coming, there is a ladder. :)

9 comments:

  1. I second the idea with the library! Such comfy chair will be perfect for it :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a library, and the chair has a matching footstool and side table too. :)

      Delete
  2. A library? The chair sure does look like a comfy place to read a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like great minds think alike Mia. :) Hopefully, it will be a comfy place by the time I'm finished. :)

      Delete
  3. Well you are spot on Linda, it is going to be a library, unfortunately the ladder I ordered is too big for the bookcases. Grr! So I will either need to look for one that suits or make one to fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like you've been busy busy busy. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects as they develop and I think you've stumbled on a great idea for the diorama. It's nice to have something interchangeable so storage isn't as big of an issue. This is also why I primarily just make flat walls and floors and mix and match them when I need to do a shoot. It's temporary but it's good as I have no storage space for dioramas these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very busy and enjoying every minute. I'm typing with dried on glue on my fingers, as I'm in the middle of making more books for the bookcases. There are three of them, so I have to make a lot of books to fill those shelves. :) I'll shoot you an email later as I have some photos from Lorraine to share.

      Delete
  5. Reversible floors and walls are very useful. I use this solution too. I have two floors and 4 walls, they are easy to store on the shelf and I can change the "interiors" depending on what I want.

    Girls already wrote about the library. So I'll just say I can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are the best solution I have found so far Joanna. I'm still making books and have made more work for myself because I ordered another bookcase. LOL! But it shouldn't be too far away from being completed.

      Delete