Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Thursday

Diorama Ideas

Now that I have my 1:6 scale room box, the idea of using it for the different dolls I own, makes me feel at peace with myself. For far too long I had a head full of ideas and nowhere to create them.

The "White Panther Jazz Club" almost made it when I began that blog, then again, "Fleur and Ruben" almost did too. However, having all those odd shapes of foam core which formed those dioramas constantly getting in my way, was beginning to drive me nuts! Using the room box to create both of them, as well as using it for the "Paris Apartment" and the "Kiddies Kitchen" makes sense to me. The room box walls are both reversible and interchangeable, so there will be less to store.


I asked hubby to cut me a new floor, which I will cover with the new black & white checkerboard tiles. This will serve for the Club's floor, but as it will also be reversible, I shall look for something classy to cover the other side which will suit my F&R boutique.

The furniture for these two dioramas is complete and I have begun making furniture for another room, I bet you cannot guess just by looking at this chair, what it's going to be.


I'll give you a hint, along with the walls which are coming, there is a ladder. :)