Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Saturday

Project: Mid Century Diorama (Part 2)

For those who wanted to see the 1:6 scale ball chair, here it is. It arrived yesterday and when I took it out of the box, I was surprised how much bigger it was than I expected. But when you think about it, it needed to be that big to fit a doll body in.

With adjustments made to the window so you can see the garden by moving it to the other wall.


And should your dolls want to cosy up, the ball chair will even fit two! 


It took me a little time to figure out how the foam cushions sat in the ball, but figure it out I did. I think the three soft cushions that came with the set were much smaller than they really needed to be to support the doll's back, so I will make some larger ones that will make posing the doll's easier.

If you would like one of your own, you may still be lucky to find one on eBay, but I warn you, they are not going cheap . . . just type in "Poppy Parker British Invasion Ball Chair" into Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment