Welcome ~ please feel free to explore, there's lots to discover and I hope you'll come back often.

Tuesday

Project: More 1:6 Scale Furniture (Part 2)

Yesterday afternoon, after I had finished the wardrobe, I painted the table and chairs midnight blue (a colour I mixed myself to match the fabric I'm going to use on the chairs). But I wasn't really pleased about the table looking just like a painted wooden table.

I had in mind something a bit different, like one that had a marble or granite top. So I pulled out these two Folk Art paints from my stash (#659 Metallic Pearl White and #660 Pure Gold) along with a couple of small pieces of sea sponge and began dabbing first with the Pearl and then while it was still wet I dabbed with the Gold.


You have to be very careful NOT to drag the sponge across your work, dab straight up and down, making sure there is not too much paint on the sponge. I always have an old rag beside me, so I can dab on that before I dab the table.


Now all I have to do is give this a coat of gloss, as I want it to shine, then I can begin upholstering the chairs. Sorry the photos are not very clear, I just took a couple of quick snaps, to show you what I am up to with the furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment